Saturday, August 13, 2011

How can I make my mother realize that 10 dogs is too many?

We started out with just my dog, then when she got remarried her husband brought his new dog. They moved to Maine and when I moved back with them, I found out that they had gotten a German shepherd, a mini border collie, and a dachshund puppy. We moved to Oregon afterward, where they got a female dachshund, which resulted in 5 more dachshunds. We got rid of two, but now they refuse to get rid of anymore dogs. The German shepherd has killed a few of our pets and has attacked our border collie twice, which resulted in her chest being ripped open and having to have surgery. The dog my step dad brought has run away innumerable times and every time we pick him up from the pound we have to pay $50. The dachshunds rip up the carpet and whatever they can reach, don't stop barking in the morning, use the carpet as their personal bathrooms, and bark at me or whoever else comes in the house. Because of this, we have to vacuum and shampoo the carpet at least everyday. To be honest, these dogs are way more trouble than they're worth. My parents tried training them, but eventually just gave up. They stress me out immensely. I've told my mother this, and she always says she'll find homes for them or get barking collars but it's been 2 years now... There's no talking to her, even my friends told her the dogs are a problem but she just yelled at me for it. Does anyone have any idea for what I could do to convince her she can't have this many dogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment