Thursday, August 18, 2011

Was this mean for me to say to him?

I was sitting in my first period cl when two girls came on the intercom. This week we have a Hispanic week or month at our school, and they were giving the answers to the trivia questions they had asked earlier this morning. Well, this guy just started saying things like, "Nobody cares, gosh. You're wasting time." and I was sitting right beside him, and it made me mad so I said, "Well we had Black History month it's okay for them to have theirs." He got mad and he asked me, "Okay what does that mean?", and I said, "It means your ignorant." I feel really bad now because I'm not usually that mean to people. But he was acting really immature and stupid. My teacher was even complaining about them coming on the intercom and talking about their culture or whatever. There were no Hispanics in the cl to hear this, but the people in my cl are really racist. Was I to mean to call him 'ignorant'? It wasn't like I was calling him the 'n word' or anything, because the boy was black, and so am I. But I can't stand it when people bash other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment