Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is there anyway I can have my housing benefit paid when the DWP won't confirm my Job Seekers.?

I applied for DSS at the council on the 23rd December(we moved in on the 18th of the same month) and we are still waiting for the claim to be accepted and lets just saying my housing agency are getting pretty impatient now. We got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying we had been accepted for DSS all they needed to do was contact the DWP and make sure I have been getting my JSA etc. This wasn't getting done very quickly as we rang the council everyday asking how it was getting along and they kept on saying it wasn't done yet and they didn't know what was holding it up. We thought that it might be because I sign on in a different town to where I am claiming DSS for so I went down to the Job Centre and filled out the change of address forms. As soon as the guy seen that I moved in on the 18th December and it was now the 4th March all he said was that I was commiting fraud and that an investigation would be put against me and wouldn't tell me anything else no matter how many questions I asked. Because of this fraud investigation they won't change my address until its clear so I can't get my DSS and I don't think the agency is going to wait much longer before they take it off my guarantor and that is just not an option. Two days later we rang the fraud investigators to see if they could tell us anything and they said that the Job Centre hadn't even done anything yet so he didn't know anything about it. So i'm basically in the dark, not knowing whats going on with my agency breathing down my neck for this 3months rent. Was just wondering if anyone knew how long these fraud investigations take or more importantly if anyone knew like a social scheme where we could get a loan to pay off this rent until the DSS is sorted. Like a crisis loan or something but not governed by the Job Centre. Thanks for any advice

No comments:

Post a Comment